Friday, April 22, 2011

[duh] yeah, luckily

well put margot from legally blonde [apparently I love this movie because quotes routinely pop up in my head!]

Let's just start out by saying. I am not a very lucky person. Seriously I think my luckiest thing ever was winning one hundred one dollar bills at the jog-a-thon in the third grade! woot woot for me. I was oh so proud of my hundred dollars...and I do believe the dork in me put it all in the bank! Thank you mom and dad for all the fun you allowed me to have!

Soooo yesterday it was a major surprise to receive a letter from David J. Buter:



See luckily I got selected to possibly be on jury duty [again] I say again because rewind three years as I already served as a happy citizen. I mean I was selected and sat as a juror with a bunch of old people, missed work, got hour or hour half lunch breaks, got paid, totally felt like I was on law and order...doesn't sound that bad. BUT I do not understand why this luck doesn't transfer over to like winning the lottery [if i bought tickets] or winning drawings for free clothes or gift cards. Nope I guess the lovely state of Michigan wants me to feel lucky in my own way aka selected to server not once but possibly twice!

On a serious note, I sit here and reflect on how lucky I am for a Savior that was willing to die on the cross for me. Take away my sins and continually show me grace and love daily. And for that I am VERY thankful!


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

No comments:

Post a Comment