Facts of Charleston, SC
We spent a long weekend in Charleston with The Bultemas
We had a great time and learned some new things and refreshed our minds on some others :)
The fun facts/Pictures of the trip
1. delta provided a 3 hour delay and unlimited snacks
but we did not let it dampen our trip. hello beach
2. we like to eat outside to live music
3. Southern food is great
She crab soup
best in the bowl, not on your lap..learned from experince
4. We like to spot historical sites.
Starting out our day exploring downtown Charleston
First up four corners of the Law
and discover the City Market
5. Eat at a 'famous' place
The Dixie Cafe from Diner. Drive-in and Dives
it was good and worthy of being on Tv
J even got the fried chicken and waffles...very southern
6. The Magnolia Plantation located on the Ashley River
Dated back to 1676 to the Drayton Family
Lots of beautiful paths and gardens were explored
7. Boiled peanuts are GROSS! haha
8. Battery Street has beautiful southern homes!
9. Hyman's Seafood was a top rated restaurant in Charleston
it was really good
more local food to experience: Fried Green Tomatoes and Grits
10. This pineapple fountain is famous :)
11. Our condo was lovely
We really liked staying on Kiawah Island
and I LOVE the beach!
We walked each morning for at least an hour and the boys even joined
13. Renting a boat and Dolphin watching was a highlight of the trip!
another fact: when the tide goes down the dolphins go up and down by the weeds in search of fish
aka a prime spot to be able to see them
we also saw a shark
and many birds
14. Ocean Course on Kiawah Island, Home of the 2012 PGA Championships
and location of one of our dinners
15. Fort Sumter
Battle of Fort Sumter in 1861
16. We really like to eat outside and on the water
Happy Birthday Jim
trying out another local favorite
17. We also experienced the waffle house per Jim's request. and the pecan waffles were delicious
18. Delta really likes to provide delays, we received another 2.5 hour on the way home, this time no free snacks..booo
19. I love Vacation!
20. Thanks for traveling with us Bultemas...Lets do it again!