Wednesday, September 10, 2014

half baked

little bun/bean in the oven
and still got a horn honk on our lunch walk yesterday
oh they may need glasses haha ;-)

20 weeks
Mango

and with half of beans growth done, I thought I would give 10 facts or thoughts I have had so far 
Like:
1. I may not crave pickles but I have 'craved" lobster rolls, seafoam and McDonalds Ice cream
[not all at once!]
2. Food aversions were really bad in the beginning, but two that continue to hold strong.  
No Tacos/salsa/beans and No Hamburgers
3.  Yes some days I get tired just walking up the YMCA stairs, some days not so much. 
4.  I have started feeling the little guy/girl for about a week ish..at first I wasn't sure... now it seems to come more constant and being more noticeable...and that is just amazing to me!  my permanent little buddy
5.  I learned that the bean is covered in a 'cottage cheese' like substance to keep it skin hydrated and that fact right there grosses J right out...and we have a LONG way to go ;-)
6. J mocks me of my new sleep habits aka 4 pillows later and two potty breaks a night
[i hear it only gets worse!]
7. I do not have to wear maternity clothes everyday but if it is not a dress, then it is a must...no more button pants for a bit!! bring on the elastic
8.  'Pregnancy brain' does exist.  Like the time I left the toaster oven door open not once, not twice, but three times in one day!  hard to cook a piece of toast that way
9.  Yes you have crazy dreams...and it feels like all night long.  Like crazy...anywhere from bombs, to parties, to people going to Disney world.  Yes crazy!
10. I am so thrilled and nervous about everything!  I have many lists of things to do daily.. weather researching a stroller, bedding or preparing the nursery...reading preparation books/trying to be prepared.  But continually praying for this little miracle and its growth and trying to soak up every bit of this time!  

20 more weeks to go...and probably not enough time :) 


3 comments:

  1. You look great Kari! So cute! Are you finding out what you are having? If so I have to imagine that is any day now! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karla! you are so kind! We do get to find out today! :) Hope all is well with you guys! very excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is SO FUN! I loved getting to see the "little boy parts". It is so exciting! Hopefully baby cooperates and gives you a peek! Hope you are feeling good! All is well on our end. Still can't believe we are only a week apart!

    ReplyDelete