Friday, February 3, 2012

dusty or rusty

actually both but my tennis racquet found its way out of the basement, thanks to Betsy's prompting to play last night.

Nothing like going old school and hitting up RIV-er-VIEW tennis club on plainfield
ohhh the many years of fits and fights with the madre to go [sorry mom sure glad I did now]...I mean they required you to not only play but also to run sprints!  and as a slow poke girl that was just never fun!

so anyway back to the outing last night
Head over there after dinner and walked in the door and greeted by 'peggy' we named her peggy because she looked like a peggy.  peggy heard my last name and wondered if my mom was Judi, I looked just like her! hahah
Peggy was also adamant that we could not use practice balls, even though Betsy called and talked to Kay earlier in the day and she oked it. 
So we took a chance and like every tennis club found plenty of strays behind the curtain.
Peggy was adamant that we could have an HOUR only [which when our hour was up, she was watching us from the glass window of the lobby]
Headed down to the courts.  Smelled the same, looked the same and was just as cold as it usually was.

Started the hitting...and it felt good.
Pretty rusty but good
Not the best performance but it was fun. 

My have a tiny bit of the itch back...we shall see :)



1 comment: