Friday, October 25, 2013

Christmas is two months

away.  What made me even think about this?
not the snow that is coming because lets be honest.  I DISLIKE.  Strongly dislike. 100% dislike!
can you tell.

But the book I am reading
Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequest
[who I get to hear live next week at Mars hill, super exited!]

I love her books
I love this quote
really made me think, so I thought I would share

A serious Kari Post:

The chapter is called
 Present over perfect 
It is regarding Christmas in this context.


When things are too crazy, the only voices I hear are the voices of fear and shame.  I stop being able to hear the voice of God, the voice of rest, the voice of hope and healing and restoration, the voice that gives new life to the dry old hones.  And instead I hear that old song I've hear all my life: You're not good enough. Your're not good enough.  But that voice is a lie.  and its a terrible guide.  When I listen it, I burn the candle at both ends and try to light the middle while I'm at it.  The voice of God invites us to full, whole living-to rest, to abundance, to enough. TO SAY NO. To say no more.  To say I'm going to choose to live wholly and completely in the present, even though this ragged, run-down person I am right now is so far from perfect. 

My prayer is that we'll find ourselves drawn closer and closer to the heart of the story, the beautiful, beating heart of it all, that the chaos around us and within us will recede, and the most important things will be clear and lovely at the every turn.  I pray that we'll understand the transforming demonstration of the belief that you are so much more than what you do.  I pray that we'll live with intention, hope and love in this wild season and in every season, and that the God who loves us will bring new life to our worn-out hearts this year and every year, that we'll live, truly and deeply, in the present, instead of waiting, waiting, waiting for perfect. 

I think this can be applied to more than just the Christmas season.  
In the busyness, the routine, the daily/weekly activities of life
The reminder that we are so much more than we we do.

makes me step back and breath and think
yes I love to be busy, but I do think there is time to slow down

Just something to think on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment